You can create your own personal cloud space to share and transfer files (like text, pdf, image, audio, video files, etc.) without any restrictions. Using windows FTP server features, we’ll show you how.
FTP (File Transfer Protocol) is one of the best ways for transferring files without any restriction on file size and file format you can transfer small size files and also heavy file size.
There are some steps to create a FTP server on windows 10, you need to follow this step.
Install FTP Server on Windows 10:
- Open your control panel. (for opening control panel you can press the Windows key + R, then type control panel and press the Enter key).
- Open programs and Features: in program and features you can see Turn Windows features On or Off.
3. Click on Turn Windows features On or Off After clicking on windows features, you can find IIS (Internet Information Services).
4. Then you have to check on IIS, after than expand the IIS then you can see FTP Server checked on the FTP server and expand this.
5. After expanding FTP Server you can find two options called one is FTP Extensibility and another is FTP Service you have to check these two options. Then click on the OK button.
How to configure FTP Server on Windows 10?
- Open your Administrative Tools: for opening Administrative Tools you can press Windows key+ R from your computer keyboard and type Administrative after then you can find administrative tools just click on this.
- After opening Administrative Tools you can find Internet Information Services (ISS) manager, double click over there.
- After that, you will get the IIS Screen. In the IIS Screen you can find Desktop on the left side of this screen expand the Desktop after that you will get Sites, Right Click on Sites and click Add FTP Site option over there.
- After clicking Add FTP site you will get another screen on this screen you have to put your FTP Site Name (like FTP Folder, Test FTP, etc.) and then you have to select your path where you want to store your FTP files. Then click on the Next Button.
- You have to select your IP Address form the IP Address dropdown option.
- Then you have to select No SSL and click the Next Button.
7. After selecting No SSL you will get a new screen on that screen you have to select Authentication check on Anonymous after then select Anonymous User from their dropdown option and select Permission what you want to give this user if you want to give write and read permission just click both option after that you have to click on Finish Button.
How to create user for FTP Server on windows 10?
1. Open setting on your computer: for opening setting you can click start button and type setting form your computer keyboard.
2. Then click on Accounts.
3. After clicking Accounts, you can find Family & other user on left side.
4. Click on Add someone else to this PC.
5. Then select I don’t have this person’s sign in information.
6. After than you have to select Add a user without a Microsoft Account.
7. Then you have to enter you Username and Password. And then click on Next Button.
How to add user on FTP Server on windows 10?
1. Open Administration Tools. (for open administration tools I have already explain above section).
2. Then you can find Internet Information Service (IIS) manager, double click on this.
3. Then you will get new windows IIS Manager.
4. And you can see Desktop on left side of ISS manager windows, expand this and you can see Sites.
5. Double click on Sites.
6. After double click on Sites you can see Default Web site and also you can see Edit Permissions on the right site click on there.
7. Then click on Security and then click on Edit button.
8. After then click on the Add button, and enter your username which is you create already, and click on the Check Name button. If you enter the right username this username shows their box otherwise username cannot show. And click on the Ok button, and Apply button.
How to access or open FTP Server files?
1. Open you any Browser or File Explorer on your computer.
2. Then type ftp://192.168.1.1 (your IP address).
3. Then press sign button.
4. After sign-in you can access your file which is store on FTP Server.